One week a quarter, I will be conducting my own personal Hell Week. This is my first round.
Why would I do this? Despite my best intentions, I regress to comfort. I watch TV instead of working on a book. I run a mile less because I am not feeling it. I hit snooze because my first meeting is not until later.
Some argue that the main obstacle to our growth is our desire to stay inside our comfort zone. The goal of Hell Week is to shatter the comfort zone.
Rules for round 1 of Hell Week:
- Hell Week will go from August 1st at 5:30am to August 8th at 5:30am
- Must wake up (and not return to bed) by 5:30am
- Must complete throughout the course of the day – 500 pushup, 500 squats, and 500 ab moves*
- Must run 35 miles over the course of the week
- Follow a 16:8 Intermittent Fast until the 36 hour fast
- 36 hour fast starting Wednesday August 5th until the 7th
- Must complete 5,000+ word article
- No TV
- No Instagram
- No Twitter from 5:30am to 12pm
- Cold shower every day
- Meditate 20 minutes everyday
- One 45 minute Meditation
I will track my fasts with the app zero. I will use the Waking Up App to track meditations. I will use Nike+ Running app to track runs.
The goal is to reach a point where I do not want to continue, and to push through that point. To realize that there was a reason I created the challenge in the first place and to trim a little fat off my soul.